Minutes of LVRA monthly meeting (held via Zoom) Monday 9th August 2021

DavidR

Minutes of the Meeting held on remotely on  

Monday, 9th August 2021 at 8.00pm

Present: Darryl Nugent (Treasurer), Bob Nicholas (Footpaths officer), David Rhodes (Social & Media Officer), Cllr. D. Foxcroft

1. Opening Remarks

Apologies – Cllr. Alyson Barnes, Cllr. Sean Serridge. Previous minutes were accepted.

2. Officers Reports

2.1 Chair

There was no report from the Chair.

2.2 Social Media Officer

Both the website and facebook page have been quiet and thus there was nothing to report..

2.3 Treasurer/Chairman LVAA            

Fund currently stand at £2993.75. Darryl reported no changes to funds other than the payment for        the printing of the recent Limey Leader. The end of the growing season is in sight on the allotments and other than that there was nothing to report.

2.4 Footpaths Officer

There has been little footpath activity and therefore there was nothing to report. 

3. Matters Arising

3.1 Traffic on A682

There were no developments in traffic control on the A682. It is down to residents to report any accidents they witness to the Police however minor. This can be done on-line when date, time and location are the only items required. No need for registration numbers etc. THIS WILL ENSURE THAT ALL ACIDENTS ARE RECORDED BY THE POLICE. It is down to residents to provide this data if we are to reduce accidents.

There is evidence of speeding along Goodshawfold Road. Cars, not recognised as local, are travelling in excess of the speed limit at various times of the day. Since some pedestrians have to use the roadway due to pavement parking and the road is popular with horse riders, the likelihood of an accident is high. Cllr Foxcroft will look into requiring LCC to replace the signs from 30mph to 20mph at the eastern end of the road.

3.2 Corona Virus in the Community

It was decided that given that the pandemic appears under control and the effects are receding, this item will no longer be a standard agenda item

3.3 LVRA Calendar

Production of a LVRA calendar for 2022 has made no further progress. Some photographs have been received but as yet their suitability is not decided. It was decided that if the photographs can be selected by September, we would proceed with a 2022 calendar, otherwise it will be deferred until 2023.

4. Recent Planning Applications and Appeals or Matter of Interest

4.1 Swinshaw Hall

Little has changed since the July meeting. No further developments have been reported on the building around Swinshaw Hall. The Inspector has asked RBC to clarify which parts of the site are to be developed and which are to be left untouched. It was decided to wait until any planning application are submitted  for the site. 

4.2 Goodshawfold Road

As previously reported , many residents have expressed concern about the type of houses being built at the top of Goodshawfold Road. Although residents advised RBC that bungalows were preferable and more fitting, the houses being built do not blend in with the local architecture. A number of resident have expressed concern that the houses will “stand out like a sore thumb”.

4.3 Broad Ing

Little progress on the Broad Ing development. The Inspector, in his report, has advised RBC to amend the total number of houses from 80 to 92.

4.4. Colebrand Site

A complete planning application has not been received for the Colebrand site.  RBC requested fuller details but as yet has not received any from the owners. There is a noted increase in the volume of traffic from the site along Goodshawfold Road. A number of residents in the village have reported vehicles from some of the occupiers travelling at excess speed. Cllr Barnes will look into the progress of the planning application.

5. Limey Water Pollution

The Environmental Agency have investigated the pollution which has killed much wildlife in the river. There has been no report published since this investigation. Residents are asked to report any concerns of irregularities on the river the Environment Agency immediately. 

6. Any Other business

There were no other items discussed.

7. Future meetings: dates and location

It was agreed the now usual pattern of utilising the 2nd Monday of each month at 8.00pm should continue, meetings will follow the usual format of: 13th September etc. These meeting will be held at the TOP Club subject to confirmation from the Club.

Should you wish to join our meeting or if you have any community concerns that need discussing 

please email our chairperson  Karen at kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

Close of the Meeting

Meeting closed at 20.47hrs