Minutes of LVRA monthly meeting (held via Zoom) Monday, 14th June 2021

DavidR

Minutes of the Meeting held on remotely on  Monday, 14th June  2021 at 8.00pm

Present:  , D. Nugent (Treasurer), Bob Nicholas (Footpaths officer), Cllr. D. Foxcroft 

  1. Opening Remarks

        Apologies – Karen Hawden (Chairperson), David Rhodes (Socia lMedia Officer)

  • Officers Reports
  • Chair

              There was no report from the Chair

  • Social Media Officer

              There was no report from the Social Media Officer.

       2.2    Treasurer/Chairman LVAA:                 

              Darryl reported no changes to funds. 

       2.3    Footpaths Officer:

              Bob reported that there had been no developments on the footpath programme.

  • Matters Arising

Building in the area was discussed at length.  No further developments have been reported on the    

 building around Swinshaw Hall. It was decided to wait until any planning application are submitted   

 for the site. 

The development on Goodshawfold Road is still causing some concern. Parking on Goodshawfold Road by the contractors is still causing significant congestion, particularly with on-pavement parking. The parking/driving of HGV and contractors’ vehicles on the pavement continues to cause damage to the northern footpath. 

There was some disappointment expressed in the type of houses being built. Although residents advised RBC that bungalows were preferable and more fitting, the houses being built do not blend in with the local architecture. A number of resident have expressed concern that the houses will “stand out like a sore thumb”.

      4.       Loveclough Park

Several instances of antisocial behaviour have been reported in the park. It was suggested 

            that this may be due in part to boredom on behalf of the tens involved sine they have been subject 

to restrictions and many have left school pending moving to college of employment. The rural police team are aware and will investigate. Priority is currently with farming matters and suspicious vehicles in the area.

     5.     Traffic on A682

Accidents continue to occur on Burnley Road, Loveclough. Two recent collisions at the junctions with Goodshaw Avenue North and Turton Hollow did not luckily have any serious consequences. The LCC Cabinet Officer for highways is to visit the Valley and David Foxcroft will bring up the matter with him.

According to Police Records show that 5 accidents in the past 4 years have been reported. Clearly this does not give an accurate picture. It is down to residents to report any accidents they witness to the Police however minor. This can be done on-line when date, time and location are the only items required. No need for registration numbers etc. THIS WILL ENSURE THAT ALL ACIDENTS ARE RECORDED BY THE POLICE. It is down to residents to provide this data if we are to reduce accidents.

6.          Proposed Cycle Path

              There are no updates at this time. Bob will contact LCC to check if any progress has been made.

7.           Local planning

              Some work has started on the Broad Ing development. The wall along the A682 has been part demolished. According to the developer, it was damaged and they were repairing it. No damage has been noted by residents, however the wall is currently being rebuilt.

There were some errors in this developer’s floodwater flow rates. These will be corrected prior to building.

The Local Plan is nearing completion which will govern development is Rossendale for the next 15 years. Details can be viewed online. Changed recommended by the Inspectors include an amendment to the housing methodology used which will result in annual build of 185 houses rather than 212 as previously stated. The final version of the Plan will be available at the end of July and residents are encouraged to use the 6 weeks consultation period to make observations to RBC.

A planning application has been received for the Colebrand site which was incomplete. RBC requested fuller details but as yet has not received any from the owners.

  • St John’s Church

   There have been no applications for the development of St John’s Church.

  • Limey Water Pollurion

The Evironmental Agency have investigated the pollution which has killed much wildlife in the river. The Agency is gathering information which will help them discover the precise cause and take the necessary action. Residents are asked to report any concerns of irregularities on the river the  Environment Agency immediately. 

  1. Folly Clough Bridge

           No updates at this time, other than the self seeded trees have been removed.

  1. Limey Leader

 The Limey Leader has been received from the printer and copies passed on to our distributers for delivery. Next publication scheduled for November 2021.

  1. Any other business
  1. Future meetings: dates and location

            It was AGREED the now usual pattern of utilising the 2nd Monday of each month at 8.00pm should continue, meetings will continue to follow the usual format of: the 12th July, 8th August etc. These will be held remotely until further notice when we hope to revert to our usual venue at the Top Club, subject to government guidelines .  

             Should you wish to join our meeting or if you have any community concerns that need discussing  please email our chairperson  Karen at kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

  1. Close of the Meeting

Meeting closed at 20.52hrs