Minutes of the LVRA monthly meeting (held via Skype) Monday 11th January 2020

DavidR

Minutes of the Meeting held on remotely on  Monday, 11th of January  2021 at 8.00pm

Present:  Karen Hawden (Chairperson), D. Nugent ( Treasurer ), Richard Ball ( Secretary), Bob Nicholas (Footpaths officer), D. Rhodes ( Social Media officer ), Cllr Alyson Barnes, Megan Eastwood ( LCC ).

  1. Opening Remarks

Karen chaired the meeting and welcomed all those attending the meeting. 

  • Officers Reports

2.1    Chairperson: Karen said it had been a quiet month with little or no activity to report.

       2.2    Secretary As above.

       2.3    Treasurer/Chairman LVAA:

As above

       2.4    Footpaths Officer:

As above

      2.5     Social Media & Liaison Officer:

As above

  • Matters Arising

      3.1     Community Woodland

There has been no news on the Community woodland since its sale by LCC to private ownership. We were disappointed with this decision as most of the new owners live all over the UK and all efforts to list them as a community asset run by the community were rejected by Mr Driver ( LCC ).

The matter would now seem to be closed. 

  3.2        The traffic problems with Burnley Road

              Karen reported that there has been lots of interest in doing a Burnley road traffic survey in recent weeks. We hope to make the road a safer place for everyone. We will resume are efforts once things return to some normality after this latest lockdown.

              If you can spare a few hours on a short term basis to help the community please contact our chairman Karen at:

              kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

       3.3.   Community Support C19

We discussed if the matter again and we concluded that the Village Centre is the community Hub and they are doing a great job. The LVRA will concentrate on planning and community matters but will offer support if and when it is required. 

Alyson updated the meeting and reported that in the county 85,000 people had received the vaccine and that we were above expected levels. There will be a roll out of the vaccine in the next few months starting with priority groups. She reported that there were high infection rates in the area and Blackburn hospital will be stopping elected surgery to free up staff. There will be a mass vaccination centre set up in Blackburn. There is also a report of more children in schools due to the expanded critical worker list. Alyson said that it was proving to be difficult getting tested quickly due to the Lab Capacity.

      3.4      Proposed Cycle Path

It has been mentioned in recent weeks that RBC are considering the possibility of creating a cycle path from Loveclough to Crawshawbooth. This may be extended to include Crawshawbooth to Rawtenstall. 

Megan Eastwood the economic development officer from LCC spoke to the group and 

wanted some feedback as to the best routes and the level of community support for this.

Alyson who has been coordinating the initiative said there was a lack of provision in our area. The LVRA agreed to assist in this project as we feel it could benefit the community.

Darryl suggested that along the Limey River was an obvious choice although there may be some constraints along the route.

Bob suggested that we could turn the public footpath into a bridleway and this could assist the process.

Action: Bob to map out and photograph the suggested route, these will then be sent to Megan to assist her in evaluating the evidence. Agreed

4.     Local planning applications.

              The applications were relatively quiet in our area over the festive period. The government changes to planning law are still however creating a lot of concern to local residents. To be more fully aware of the implications of these changes we have contacted RBC and we will share this information when available.

              The recent planning applications in our area can be viewed on our social media accounts ( Facebook and Twitter ).

  • St John’s Church

Peter Dunn has stepped down from his role in the Church Conservation Trust. Peter has done an excellent job in bringing people together to help save St John’s Church and we at the LVRA wish him well. In the interim period Hannah Parham will be managing operations.

  •    Folly Clough Bridge

Richard has contacted Bolton archive to ask if there is any ownership information of Folly Clough bridge. There was a tentative lead to the Waterboard and Greenfold reservoir. You must pay an archivist for a detailed search and this has been put to the Folly Clough residents.

  • Limey Leader

Bob and his team successfully produced and delivered the Limey Leader. The LVRA also generously allowed local businesses to advertise for free during this time. Well done to all involved.

  • Any other business

Darryl reported that the Goodshawfold pride group had asked him if the LVRA would apply for a grant to fence the village green. It was agreed that we would support this.

Action: Darryl to liaise with the group and submit the application. Agreed

  • Future meetings: dates and location

             It was AGREED the now usual pattern of utilising the 2nd Monday of each month at 8.00pm should continue, meetings will continue to follow the usual format of: the 8th of February 2021, the 8th of March 2021 and the 12th of April 2021. These will be held remotely until further notice.  

             Should you wish to join our meeting or if you have any community concerns that need discussing  please email our chairperson  Karen at kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

        10. Close of the Meeting

Karen closed the Meeting at 21.00 hrs