Minutes of the LVRA monthly meeting (held via Skype) Monday 12th October 2020

DavidR

Minutes of the Zoom Meeting held on Monday, 12th of October  2020 at 8.00pm

Present:  Karen Hawden (Chairperson), Richard Ball (Secretary), D. Nugent (Treasurer/ Chairman LVAA) Bob Nicholas (Footpaths officer), D. Rhodes ( Social Media and Liaison officer ).

  1. Opening Remarks

Karen chaired the meeting and welcomed all those attending the meeting. It was recognised that the meeting was conducted in an unfamiliar format at therefore was somewhat shorter than formal meetings. It was decided to focus on the key points mentioned below: 

  • Officers Reports
  • Chairperson: Karen said it had been a quiet month although there had been contact from a    resident regarding the traffic survey.
  • Secretary
  • Richard also said that it had been a relatively quiet month with most interactions being about the     Community Woodland and to comment on the plans for the 80 dwellings at the Top Club.

       2.3    Treasurer/Chairman LVAA:

Darryl reported that the only expenditure this month was for the insurance of £156.80 leaving banked funds are of £3643.20. 

The allotment is in good shape and slowly shutting down for the winter.

       2.4    Footpaths Officer:

There is no report this month.

      2.5     Social Media & Liaison Officer:

Dave has been actively posting updates on Facebook and is growing our online presence.

      3.        Matters Arising

      3.1     Community Woodland

There has been much concern that the Community Woodland has been sold outside of the Community on the 9th of September 2020. This has yet to be officially confirmed by our local counsellors. We are awaiting their official responses.

Action: To contact the counsellors once again for an update. Agreed

  3.2        The traffic problems with Burnley Road

              There have been no reported incidents on Burnley Road. We are still looking for a small group of volunteers to help survey the traffic, perhaps for 1 hour slots several times a week. This will help provide data which could help to make the road safer.

 Several residents have expressed an interest in this project and we are looking for volunteers to coordinate the group.

Darryl suggested we could use some modern technology to survey the speed of passing vehicles. We will contact the Highways agency when data has been collected.

Dave. R suggested average speed cameras might be the ultimate solution for the road if funding is made available. 

Dave has been to the Rossendale Community Partnership meetings and is observing which if any strategies would be beneficial for our community.

  Action: Bob to formulate a survey template.  Agreed

              If you can spare a few hours on a short term basis to help the community please contact our chairman Karen at:

              kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

       3.3.   Community Support C19

We discussed if the matter again and we concluded that the Village Centre is the community Hub and they are doing a great job. The LVRA will concentrate on planning and community matters but will offer support if and when it is required. 

3.4    Local planning applications.

              The government changes to planning law are creating a lot of concern to local residents. To be more fully aware of the implications of these changes we have contacted RBC and we will share this information when available. We have not had an update as yet.

              In short it is making it much easier for land earmarked by RBC for potential development to be passed as such.

Some residents have also raised concerns about the 80 houses granted planning in principal in Loveclough. The developers have submitted more details about the appearance of these prospective dwellings. There is also concern at the access of this site and the over use of Commercial Street.

We have yet to receive a response to our appeal against these dwellings and our officers are checking these latest plans carefully.

There appears to have been some land drainage issues with the seven new dwellings being built behind Kershaw print. The developers appear to have disturbed land drains and some terraces have experienced flooding to cellars. The developers have been rectifying the water drainage problems.

  • St John’s Church

Peter Dunn of the churches conservation trust has written to confirm that the 8 week repair of the Culvert is now underway. The developers are now trying to gain permission for standard commercial residential planning following some objections to the veteran supported housing. 

The volunteering may be next year now as they need some ecological advice on the land.

  • Folly Clough Bridge

There has been no update on Folly Clough Bridge this month.

  • Limey Leader & Calendar
  • Bob is well underway with his creation of the Goodwill Limey leader. Bob as the editor recently engineered a substantial makeover to the format of the issue. The last 20 issues have all followed the same format for the front page – this has now gone. And with doing away with the quarter page advertisements four of our regular advertisers have new advertisement features. Bob is chasing up relevant parties who might want to contribute to the issue.
  • We have sent images to the printer but are awaiting feedback on the layout of the Calendar. If possible we will make an initial limited run of 50 copies available from November the 1st 2020.
  • Action: Bob and Darryl to discuss any issues with the printer. Agreed.
  • Any other business

The next meeting is our AGM we intend to open the meeting to the public on Zoom. If anyone is interested please email the chair and we can send you out a meeting invite prior to the start.

  • Future meetings: dates and location

 It was AGREED the now usual pattern of utilising the 2nd Monday of each month at 8.00pm should continue, so that meetings on Skype/Zoom will continue to follow the usual format of:  the 9th of November 2020 (AGM), 14th December 2020, 11th January 2021, the 8thof February 2021

      7.1  If you have any community concerns that need discussing at our next meeting please email our chairman Karen at kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

        8.  Close of the Meeting

  • Karen closed the Meeting at 21.30 hr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.