Minutes of the LVRA monthly meeting (held via Skype) Monday 10th August 2020

DavidR

Minutes of the  Skype Meeting held on Monday, 10th August 2020 at 8.00pm

Present:  Karen Hawden (Chairperson), David Rhodes (Social Media and Liaison Officer), Richard Ball ( Secretary), Bob Nicholas (Footpaths officer), Darryl Nugent (Treasurer)

  1. Opening Remarks

Karen chaired the meeting and welcomed all those attending the meeting. It was recognised that the meeting was conducted in an unfamiliar format at therefore was somewhat shorter that formal meetings. It was decided to focus on the key points mentioned below: 

  • Officers Reports

2.1    Chairperson: Karen said it had been a quiet month with little or no activity.

       2.2    SecretaryRichard also said that it had been a relatively quiet month. 

       2.3    Treasurer/Chairman LVAA:

Darryl reported that funds stood at £3800 currently and he called for fundraising ideas.

Darryl reported that there had been no change regarding the allotment.

       2.4    Footpaths Officer:

Bob reported that there had been little activity regarding footpaths. Richard mentioned that the footbridge at Reedsholme was being repaired again.

      2.5     Social Media & Liaison Officer:

Dave .R. said he is still working on the new website which should be up and running soon. Darryl had spoken to Jen about sharing the website and things were moving forward. 

Several residents had flagged some noise and dog waste issues, David had responded to these.

      3.        Matters Arising

      3.1     Community Woodland

There has been much concern that the Community Woodland has once again been put on sale from the 9thof September 2020. This appears to have been done without consultation with the Community. The Woodland group have registered the land as a community asset and were making progress but the group have clearly been delayed due to the Covid 19 outbreak. 

Action: Richard to write an urgent letter to interested parties. Agreed

Action: LVRA to offer to manage the woodland on a short term basis until the woodland group is up and running. Agreed

      3.2     The traffic problems with Burnley Road

              There have been no reported incidents on Burnley Road. We are still looking for a small group of volunteers to help survey the traffic, perhaps for 1 hour slots several times a week. This will help provide data which could help to make the road safer.

              Therefore if you can spare a few hours on a short term basis please contact our chairman Karen at:

              kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

       3.3.   Community Support C19

We discussed if the matter again and we concluded that the Village Centre is the community Hub and they are doing a great job. The LVRA will concentrate on planning and community matters but will offer support if it is required.

3.4    Local planning applications.

              The government changes to planning law are creating a lot of concern to local residents. To be more fully aware of the implications of these changes we have contacted RBC.

              Action: Darryl to contact RBC to get a fuller explanation of the planning law changes. Darryl to report these changes to the LVRA. Agreed

  • St John’s Church

 LVEG have agreed to help with the gardening/ground work on the Church. Thank you to all involved. We are awaiting an update from Peter Dunn as to a start date.

  1. Folly Clough Bridge

There has been no update on Folly Clough bridge this month.

  1. Limey Leader & Calendar
  • Dave. R proposed creating a goodwill Limey Leader. This will allow our existing advertisers to advertise for free. This will hopefully help local businesses.

Action: Bob to see the printer and edit the edition. Agreed.

  • We are unsure if the Calendar can be made at the local printer. We are also in need of some more quality images of the locality. 
  • Action: Email images to Darryl. Agreed.
  • Action: Bob to discuss the calendar with the printer. Agreed
  1. Any other business

The signs on Commercial Street are 30mph and should be 20mph. This is clearly making it dangerous to residents who live there.

Action: Bob and Karen to email the Highways officer. Agreed

  • Darryl reported that the Colebrand site was looking good and the owners had made a good job of renovating the building at this point.
  • D. Smith had asked who maintains the defibrillator pads. 

Action: Karen/Darryl to reply. Agreed

  1. Future meetings: dates and location

 It was AGREED the now usual pattern of utilising the 2nd Monday of each month at 8.00pm should continue, so that meetings on Skype will continue to follow the usual format of:  

14TH September 2020, 12th October and 9th of November 2020 (AGM), 14th December 2020

      7.1  If you have any community concerns that need discussing at our next Skype meeting please email our chairman Karen at kazzhawden@yahoo.co.uk

        8.  Close of the Meeting

       8.1 Karen closed the Meeting at 21.30 hrs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.